Read Chapters 3, 4, 5
- What are your thoughts on these chapters?
- At the surface WMDs look great. How do we address the issues of algorithms when they coincide with success?
- How do we improve the U.S. News college ranking system? (Rankings should not be destiny!)
- What dangers arise from AI-based advertisement campaigns?
- Since WMDs disproportionately affect people of color and lower socioeconomic groups, how do we address this reality?
- Do companies/governments have the right to collect day-to-day data from us? (Ex: facial recognition in public, etc.)
- The "capture all the data" mentality is commonplace. When should we not include certain data points in models?
- What other ways are computers amplifying problems in our world?
- What's your major takeaway from the reading this week?
Click here to view this weeks reflections.