Read Introduction & Chapters 1, 2
- What are your initial thoughts on these chapters?
- Where does the bias in algorithms come from?
- How do we spread awareness about these issues?
- How should we engage our students (or the public) with the issues raised in the book?
- How do we address the issues when they coincide with success?
- What do we do about WMDs since they disproportionately affect people who are poor and minority groups? (Thinking about some of the positive reinforcement loops).
- How do we support teachers in a world of big data and test scores?
- What other ways are computers amplifying problems in our world?
- What's your major takeaway from the reading this week?
Click here to view this weeks reflections.